About Me

My photo
you know me well too much maybe!

A trip to China for Stem Cell Medical Treatments

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Brunch For Tigers, Brunch For Us

This Saturday it was just an amazing day. We got to spend almost all day out, from 12PM until 9PM as we went to the safari zoo and after to a huge brunch at the Hyatt. See, most of the week we are eating a lot of Chinese food and I have no complaints, but change is always good, for me and for you.


As we sat down in our table, I had a very cold and refreshing beer after a long day at to zoo. I think I went for the buffet about four times, eating almost everything but Chinese food, from steak to mashed potatoes to cold pasta and sliced prosciutto. It was awesome. Like I've said before, we take for granted the most simple things in life, things that otherwise are available to us on a 24/7 basis, but in this case I enjoyed them as if they where presented to me for the first time; what an experience. I wonder what is it that we have to do when we are on our normal routine, day after day, to get to enjoy everything we have available but pay so little attention for.





The big experience, the real big difference of the day was our visit to the zoo. This place is huge, amongst mountains and hills and it sets up on a very big open place. It has a safari which you drive around with your car and get to see all kinds of wild life, including the tigers and lions who of course, are well below in a separate area and surrounded by water and electric cables so they can't get out. And they can get so hungry that what we did next was truly a unique experience. We get to feed the lions and the tigers, but not by throwing pieces of meat or anything like it, we threw them live chicken which they ate much the same way I would eat a nice steak. Only that they go after them because they are alive!


But don't let my words serve as a description to this event, just watch the videos and you can see for yourself.





































As if this was not enough, we headed towards a real close encounter with the tigers. This was not about going to their cage to feed them, this was more a closed safari adventure of no kind, something you will not find anywhere. This time we walked towards another tigers cage that was located within the actual zoo, not from the safari area. Basically, this is a big cage holding some 5 tigers inside. What we did here is unbelievable. You get into a 1954 Jeep (that's my best guess all I was hoping for was for the car not to break once we where inside) and they open one of the cage's doors for the car to drive around on the inside with the tigers.


The Jeep was all covered by metal wires so that the tigers cannot get inside where we where. There was only a difference though, raw chicken was hanging from both sides of the Jeep as to tease and attract the tigers close to us. The tigers eat within inches from where we are as they climb into the Jeep to bight off the chicken pieces with their huge jaw. I have never been so close to this animal, and they are huge let me tell you. You could listen to the bones oh these pieces of chicken cracking upon the tigers bites. I have a couple of videos here, one is from the inside of the Jeep so you can understand exactly what I am saying, and the other from the tiger approaching us and biting the flesh and bones out of the chicken. Take a look.
















As you can see, the Chinese don't have an ordinary way of doing things. I wonder what it is that I have been eating all this time? Why has the word "Dog" suddenly came to your mind?


There are a couple of pictures that I wanted to share as well. One is a close-up of the tiger while he bites off a piece of that chicken. There's another with all of us (Pedro, Mike, Aleesha, Gryphun, Jocelyn and us). The other picture is about Pedro our friend from Spain who wanted to take a picture with the driver. Just take a close look to the driver's pants...













Today we went out again to West Lake but to a different area. We were looking where to eat, whatever looked more interesting, and we came across a very nice place that had coffee shops and restaurants. It was like walking along a huge garden full of trees and bamboos and very well trimmed flowers. All the restaurants where throughout this place and most of them where all glass walls and ceilings so you could enjoy 360 degree of the place. We went to an Italian restaurant so we had some variety in the menu; also, they had English speaking people and English menus. That is almost a must all the time around here. I even found a Segafredo, here in China! Here, take a look, this is the first time you will see how Segafredo spells out in Chinese:







Well my beloved boys and girls, I hope you enjoyed this, I certainly did. Tomorrow Marujita has her 5TH injection (fourth spinal) at around 2:30PM. I think everything is going to be just fine as the doctors have a better idea of what sedatives suit her best. I will tell you all about tomorrow.



I wanted you to know that I do read all the comments you leave here in this blog, it's just that there is no way of answering to those comments directly. Again, I really appreciate your constant support, it makes a world of a difference when you are all the way half planet.



Love you all unconditionally, always and forever.



Tuto.38

1 comment:

  1. Tuto...
    1) creo que el pollo les llego muerto a los tigres o leones de lo duro que lo lanzaste!... lo "espescuazaste"
    2) al llegar a Miami... te voy a METER UN LEPE... (por lo de los pobres pollos)
    3)Marujita esta muy bella... y larga!!! la foto de todos en el ZOO se le ven los brazos larguisimos!!!
    4) un beso pa los 3 (uno pa cada uno) y un amapuchon! portense mal!

    ReplyDelete

Nuevo Sinlge de Malanga "Dime" Mi Hermano, Aristides Barbella

"Shattered" Performed by Amy Kuney

Followers