About Me

My photo
you know me well too much maybe!

A trip to China for Stem Cell Medical Treatments

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Healing Through the Magic of Reading

I could not emphasize this more than I have, but I encourage you to pickup a book and read. It does not matter if it's some sort of a novel, a business book, a publication related to your industry, a self-improvement book or plain science fiction. But you have to read, period. You have to read because you have to trigger that inner thoughtfulness of yours; you have to start reading so you can train your mind to be just where you are, right now, not yesterday, not tomorrow.

I will not pretend to transmit or let alone teach you what I have read, because I am just a beginner. I will however tell you that on my personal (and short) experience my mind has shifted from the "what ifs" and the "what will be" and the "what's like it at the end" to a just plain "why not". And what I just described can be narrowed to a very simple concept: the connection between mind and body. As far as I understand, to live now rather than in the past or future, connects the body an mind in ways I have never felt before because you start to experience every moment, every occasion, every opportunity that presents to us unannounced; you pay attention to every detail in your day and you come to understand in a very strange way that everything happens for a reason. That the life we have been granted makes all the sense but not by pretending to be or expecting to be or regrets you may have, but rather by accepting everything we receive as a lesson to be learned. One of these books quoted some important author I quite don't remember (and I really don't care) and it goes something like this: in order to see the light, to be enlightened, one must experience and accept darkness. Is this a philosophy of life? I don't think so, I don't know, but do I understand the general concept? Yes I do.

There are plenty of authors out there that teach you guidelines, and let me make this one clear, "guidelines" not rigid rules to go by. I have read three books from three different authors and three different perspectives on the philosophy of life. But they all concur on the same principles and they all mention that in order to lead a better life and understand others and love others, one must understand itself and more importantly, love itself. They all agree that the universe is a stronger force, a balanced rhythm, an orchestrated synergy, and that we must accept ourselves as we are and follow our instincts. All we express in life, when we live in the little trapped life we live in, just like all the anger we express, is anger we have accumulated in the past; So we must forget the past and we should not depend on our future, but rather we must live today. Of course it goes deeper than that, but I will not bore you with over seven hundred pages of reading, I just want to pass on to you the general principle, as well as the fact that you have to read! There it is, I said it again.

I guess that the next step after all this literature digestion, meditation must be practiced. I don't know how and I don't care; I do know that meditation is for everyone, there are all kinds of it. We just have to identify ourselves as the racehorse-like types or the turtle-like types in order to find the best method. I will try that because the world around me no longer controls my life; I control my life and I will get the best from it. Life is too short to be little, one must live big, in greatness.

If you feel you don't know where to start, and if you don't find much interest in a particular subject, let me recommend one of the best books I've ever read. Not because of the title, don't let it fool you, it has nothing to do with it. There are no rules, no guides, no bullet-point theories for you to put in practice. It is rather a tale, like a story, like a little novel but with so much for you to grasp. Actually, this book was given to me by the most wonderful person alive, my father. He gave this book to me back in 1999 when one of the biggest responsibilities in my life had just arrived; Tete (my first son) was born. And guess what, and it's up to you to believe it or not, but that very same year and a month after I read the book, I started LDTeleCom (aka solollama, nexogy). It came out of nowhere, it was a push I still cannot explain. And with no money in my pocket (that's a lie, I have a copy of an ATM receipt from back then, it shows a grand total of $0.79 on my bank account, true story) but with a tremendous amount of determination and support from my family, it all came out a reality. Not only it's my work (and actually now that I state it that way, it is not my work or my job) it is rather my passion and my way of living and my way of enjoying this short time we are allowed. So, I will pass this on to you hoping you will take even more advantage than I did. The book's title is "The Instant Millionaire: A Tale of Wisdom and Wealth"by Mark Fisher.

I hope this little note does not bother you that much, but that's what's happening around here, in Hangzhou, China. Marujita is having her daily therapies as planned, and she seems to enjoy them a bit more every time. She is still not getting that much sleep, but guess what, rather than complaining I'm taking it as an advantage point, I get up at five or six and the morning and dedicate at least three hours of reading and thinking and sometimes even listening to my heart beat and to myself breath. What a weird thing to happen.

She will have her third spinal injection tomorrow and we will not let her in, that's right, I will play doctor this time, until the sedative puts her into deep sleep; I am not letting that to happen again because after all it does not matter how little we will sleep, it matters how uncomfortable she will be.

I will tell you all about the injection tomorrow up to the tiniest detail, so I guess I will see you then.

Have a wonderful present BUT f#%& the past and don't even think about tomorrow.

Love you all, unconditionally, always and forever.

Tuto.38

3 comments:

  1. Tuto, thank you, this time for corroborating my love for books and meditation. I'll feel very happy if someday we could share one of Eckhart Tolle's books.
    I was looking at Hangzhou in Google Earth and it's really far away eventhough it feels so close when reading your blogs.
    Lots of love, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuto, Thanks. I am enchanted by your words that allow us to perceive a glimpse of what your days are like, and nights.
    I agree with Marianne. When my favorite aunt (your mom) passed, I gave a Tolle book to your dad.
    Coincidentally, I bought 3 new books yesterday.
    My love for you 3... keep up the great blogging and the attitude. All everyone needs is love.
    Isa & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Tienes el don de llegarle a las personas con tus palabras...te has ganado una nueva fan!

    Besos a los 3,

    erika

    ReplyDelete

Nuevo Sinlge de Malanga "Dime" Mi Hermano, Aristides Barbella

"Shattered" Performed by Amy Kuney

Followers