About Me

My photo
you know me well too much maybe!

A trip to China for Stem Cell Medical Treatments

Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF!

I used that title because is such a cliche and so typically used for when the famous and well known Friday finally arrives. I have enjoyed something here that I must share with you. I have had the privilege without even knowing, to enjoy time out of its essence and virtuosity and I don't exactly mean I have used my time properly. What I am really saying here is that for the first time in my life I have experienced time just as it is. I have not thought or felt what day of the week it was; time goes by, days go by and weeks go by, but for me this is just a complete integrate journey that needs no division or time stamp. Five minutes ago, after Marujita was ending her electrical therapy, the nurse left the room by saying "goodbye, see you Monday, have a nice weekend", and I though to myself, wow, what's really the difference here? Monday, Wednesday, Sunday, what is it? Nothing, not a thing, just a journey in which I find my way back to me while in the process, assuring Marujita's future.

I wonder how this is going to feel once I go back home. I don't mean how a timed life will feel like, I certainly know that, but rather how's it going to feel when I think about this place and what it felt to have the mental awareness I am having know. My beloved readers, I insist we all have to take time to ourselves, one way or another. It may be an extra six minutes in the shower or it maybe on that business trip you have to take. It can be while you exercise and even better, if you go running or riding a bike. I hear that jogging is a type of meditation, so why not try that? Weird feelings, weird thoughts, but with no doubt, completely extraordinary. Now I know what a journey means; not a trip or a vacation, it's that endless time feeling that stays within you along the way; remarkable. I really have to double thank the universe for this opportunity that has been presented to me and I can not be more sure that this sort of things happen for a reason, what a trip.

As time goes by and our returning date comes closer and closer, I can say that the accumulated feeling of joy has been a very good experience. I have practiced many new ways in terms of how I interact with people, how I talk to them, when I talk to them and what to say. I have grown a stronger feeling for my family and for my friends that I never thought possible. But most importantly, I have received the gift of accepting people how they are and constantly trying to always be in a position to contribute to their well being. It's an amazing feeling, I hope you can get there too. I have never tried any drugs in my whole life (well OK, scotch, beer, you know... legal stuff) and I am pretty sure even as I speak out of my ignorance, that nothing can come close to beating this natural high.

Something very strange happened to me today. I don't know if any of you knew my very best friend, Cristina Trivella (Bibi). She was like a sister to me a long time ago; it must have been since 1984 until 1991 when she left us. She had a fatal car accident and died two weeks after. During her stay at the hospital's ICU, her mom gave birth to her sister Isabel. It was completely ironic, terrible. I cried for months and I still miss her the same way I did eighteen years ago. If I close my eyes, I can actually establish a conversation with her and I will never forget her smile because I never saw any other face. I thought I always wanted to know Isabel as she was going to be her sister's legacy, but I never had the chance. For some weird reason, Bibi was all over my mind today; for some reason I remembered her vividly. I went to facebook and requested her sister; not thirty seconds passed and she already confirmed. A metaphysical connection made us virtual friends. I am still convinced that there is more than meets the eye, way more.

And so life goes on around here and so are the many pictures an videos I take. I will describe them individually so you can have a glimpse of our exceptional experience here.


This first picture was one of my first impressions about this culture and I said to myself "thank God we know we are at the twentieth floor!"



This is basically the view from our room window. It is a huge place and if I were to show you a 360 panoramic view, it will almost look like this with a few tall buildings around.





This is Marujita before going into the "Stem Cell Transplantation Room." Just look at her face, she is completely sedated but aware; no sleeping drug business here, no way.




This is Marujita with Anna her Physical Therapy Doctor. That is the face she will always use when rolling over practice comes. This is at the end of the therapy. You will see Anna in a video below.




Yes, you guessed, this is acupuncture time. This is done every morning at 10AM, every day of the week.






This is a short video I just took today. In the back, you will see Anna her Physical Therapy Doctor with Alejandra. The guy bouncing on the medicine ball is Sid. Sid is one of the translators and coordinators around here. Any help we need with translation, going out, anything, he is the person. Excellent human being, I have come to appreciate his job very much. After I go out of that room, I am heading towards Pedro's (our friend from Spain). Markus his son is about to get an injection, so I was checking on him. The person I greeted "hi Sam" is one of the drivers. They take us anywhere we need to go for whatever reason it might be. For shopping, picking up food, sightseeing and restaurants. Great guy, excellent person, very human, but knows very little English and we still get around and understand each other. When there is common purpose, nothing but good feelings and complete commitment to unconditionally make someone else happier, friendships like his and mine are born.



And that is that for the day. We are going out tonight to have dinner at a very nice Italian Restaurant around West Lake. The local tourism magazine says that it's not the best Italian restaurant around, but its got the best location and outdoor setting around. I faces the lake, so I guess it must be pretty cool. I will post some pictures tomorrow as well as document any credit card incident that might arise.

Tomorrow we are going for brunch at the Hyatt but only after throwing live chicken to lions and tigers at the zoo! I sound completely cruel, and I apologize completely to the poultry and their relatives, but I am sorry, I came a long way to have new experiences and this is something I must see.

I will see you tomorrow right here. Love you unconditionally, always and forever.

Tuto.38

2 comments:

  1. Tutou q huee...Marujita se ve muy bien...como que ya esta haciendo efecto bro...or is just the love. Take care.
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! ese comentario de arriba parece de mi esposito... estoy de acuerdo con tu tia y el comentario que hizo ayer, estos blogs son una maravilla, nos acerca mucho a uds a pesar que estan tan lejos y nos hace compartir un poquito de la experiencia. Sera que sigues escribiendo cuando llegues??? Les mando un beso grande a los tres.
    Fede

    ReplyDelete

Nuevo Sinlge de Malanga "Dime" Mi Hermano, Aristides Barbella

"Shattered" Performed by Amy Kuney

Followers