About Me

My photo
you know me well too much maybe!

A trip to China for Stem Cell Medical Treatments

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Madrid, Montego Bay, Coffee and Gazpacho

It was a slow, warm and humid Sunday. It's starting to feel a lot like Miami around here, although we are not getting all the rain. We had a good night sleep last night, Marujita woke up only once and for a very short time so we went straight up to 10:30Am!

We went out to West Lake with the Klump's for lunch and some sight seeing. The truth is, it was way to warm and humid to just walk around, so we had lunch and went to the Shangri-La Hotel to check it out. Let me tell you, for a Shangri-La Hotel, I am completely disappointed; this looked more like your local Hampton Inn.

In any case, another funny thing happened today. We were walking around looking for a place to eat lunch, when we saw this place called Jamaica Coffee Shop. The outside menus had pictures of some good looking sandwiches, so we just got inside to check out the place. It looked like a normal coffee house, like any other Starbucks, so we went ahead and got a table. We got our menus, and to my surprise I found Spanish Tapas, a list of Spanish wines, Gazpacho, Paellas and Jamón Ibérico sandwiches! They even had Tortilla Española, but wait a second, Jamaica Coffee Shop? I am not pretty sure if geography is a subject they put interest too in school here, but as far as I know, Jamaica seats on the Caribbean while Spain, well you know where Spain is. It was funny, but I got myself some tortilla, a cold Sangria and a jamón ibérico sandwich. If anything, it was completely unexpected.

I'm going to tell you something, I am going to miss all of this when I go back home. Simple things are just popping out almost on a daily basis and I am truly having all the fun. Also, another group of Chinese ladies surrounded us to check out the babies. I might have some Chinese aura around me because they started talking to me in in Chinese. Well, very simple, for every time they looked at me and said (or asked...) something in Chinese, I answered in a longer sentence but in Spanish. So there we where, some five ladies in their early fifties talking to me in Chinese and I was just getting back in Spanish; sort of like walking into a Jamaican Coffee place and having a list of plates from Spain. Weird day, confusing.

Well, I will have to go flat on my back now. Even though tomorrow is kind of a slow day around here, I will go out for a massage so I have to wake up early to get through my daily routine fast. I am pretty sure I will have some story in relation to that massage; I don't no why, but things around here turn out to be different, like bizarre, something always happens!

Love you unconditionally, always and forever.

Tuto.38

2 comments:

  1. That's the way life is suppose to be!
    Paying attention to every detail and enjoying it as if it was the first time you encounter them! And then the next, and so on... Not looking back, not worrying for the next one.
    It's amazing that in such a short time in China you've learned all that!
    God blesses you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very proud of you. thinking of you all the time... sending you great energy and glad to see marujita is unconditionally loved.

    ReplyDelete

Nuevo Sinlge de Malanga "Dime" Mi Hermano, Aristides Barbella

"Shattered" Performed by Amy Kuney

Followers