About Me

My photo
you know me well too much maybe!

A trip to China for Stem Cell Medical Treatments

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

For Those on Flight 447

It was a very sad night, one that did not allow me to sleep as much. My thoughts where with the passengers and crew of Air France Flight 447, which disappeared mid air and apparently crashed into the Atlantic Ocean. For up to the time I am writing this, there are no confirmed reasons for such a terrible accident taking the lives of 228 people on their journey to Paris.

I've been reading a lot on the subject of fear. As you might have read on past blogs, I've described in a very simple way the differences between being a coward or a courageous person and that both bring about the same amount of fear. According to Osho's thoughts a person who's is afraid of dying, who is scared about death cannot live a happy life. He describes death as part of the process and compares the unexplained afterlife with the magic of birth. Basically, when were we born? The moment we came out and the doctor slapped our cheek, the second we were conceived, when? It is a valid question but the uncertainty of death still remains stronger on our thoughts. He emphasizes on the fact that those afraid of death will not live a fruitful life because it is pointless to avoid death; it will eventually reach us all.

I kept on thinking about it last night. Yes, I will focus on the present, I will lead a happy life and I will not let things I cannot control affect me. But what about family and friends of those victims, how are they supposed to manage such a loss? How can they accept this as part of their lives, what about their aligned universe? If things happen for a reason, what could they possibly think will come about all this? I could not stop thinking and I wanted to cry so hard. My mind would not stop processing, it would not stop thinking and I am not pretty sure how much or what will I get from this experience. I thought about it as some sort of meditation, but how can you engage in a sadly meditation, one that does not allow you to focus? It was hard, and still is.

I guess that this whole experience of coming to China has let open a big whole on my vulnerability allowance. I have heard about tragedies before, much worse things have happen and more suffering has been involved. I have experience a huge loss myself, but for some reason, this kept banging on my door consistently and predominantly. I wanted to sleep but at the same time I didn't. I let pain come in completely welcomed, I understood the reason and I accepted it. Although this does not relate directly to me, and thank God it did not, I felt for everyone who will be permanently affected by this terrible accident.

All I hope now is for the reason to be found, what caused the airplane to crash, for the famous "black box" to appear so those affected can start closing this chapter in their lives. Also, for the safety of future travel because this is something that we will continue to do, regardless.

I am pretty sure that you have heard that traveling by commercial airplanes is much safer than driving a car. That the probability of getting in an accident on your way to the airport are far greater than that involving your flight. In the past ten years, the probabilities of air travel accidents has reduced dramatically, from a 1.8 in a million to 0.4 in a million. That is great to hear. Does it make me feel better, not at all. Is it going to make friends and families of the victims feel better, safer, I don't think so.

So today I take my time and abuse your own, to dedicate our thoughts to these people. To the ones who left their beautiful lives and for the ones who were waiting for them. It is a horrible and sad story, but we cannot ignore it. It happened to them and it happened to us. No matter if you pray, meditate, talk with your loved ones or simply write about it, we need to think about this for a moment and we have to thank for the opportunity we where given to enjoy this beautiful life.

Simple things was the title of my previous blog. This is such a turnover, a one-eighty you might say, because this is no simple thing, this is huge. All we can do is live our present, forget our past and do not think about the future. All we can do is live; do not conjugate the verb, leave it alone.

For the first time I will like for everyone, and I really mean everyone to please write a little paragraph on the comment area of my blog. Regardless if you want to express yourself in English or Spanish (or "spanglish" for that matter) I kindly ask for you to do so. It will not only help yourself, it will allow others to see things from different perspectives, helping each other.

I will leave you with these thoughts and thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my blog, it truly means a big deal to me.

Love you unconditionally, always and forever.

Tuto.38

2 comments:

  1. Tuto no nos pongas tareas, tu blog a sido una muy buena inspiraciĆ³n y nos pone al tanto de lo que estas viviendo. Keep it up men!!!! google, "life quotes". "Life is just a chance to grow a soul". y "Life is a succession of lessons, which must be lived to be understood"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuto, apoyo la mocion de Luis, la verdad es que la forma como haz expresado tus experiencias y plasmado tus tus vivencias y pensamientos, creo que nuestros mensajes quedarian cortos. Nos haz hecho, creo, al menos hablo por mi, pensar en muchas cosas de nuestras vidas cotidianas, que al darlas por sentadas no nos atrevemos a dar esos pasos de valentia, sino quedarnos acobardados en un sitio seguro. life's short, live big...

    ReplyDelete

Nuevo Sinlge de Malanga "Dime" Mi Hermano, Aristides Barbella

"Shattered" Performed by Amy Kuney

Followers